Professional quality Made in Germany
Our hard porcelain, one of the hardest materials in the world, is characterised by the very high chip resistance and extremely high scratch resistance of the glazing. Using the best raw materials and a sophisticated composition of kaolin, quartz and feldspar, fired at over 1.400 °C, a premium-quality porcelain is produced, which has proven itself in action in the catering segment for over 135 years.
Our best ingredients
Professional porcelain in three different materials: hard porcelain,
Duracream, Noble China
- Firing temperatures of above 1.400 °C guarantee maximum hardness of porcelain and glaze
- Durable due to: chip-resistant edges, wear and scratch-resistant glazes
- Smooth, durable surfaces for maximum hygienic safety
- Optimal storage of heat
- Production 100 % “Made in Germany”
- State-of-the-art research and testing laboratories
- Highly automated technology
- Energy-efficient, resource-saving production ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 certified
Hard Porcelain is hygienic and safe
Observing hygiene regulations has always played an extremely important role in hotels, restaurants and large-scale catering establishments. In times of Covid-19 this topic gets even more attention.
Due to the production process and the chemical composition hard porcelain has a virtually scratch and abrasion resistant, completely sealed hygienic surface. In addition the high firing temperature of more than 1.400 °C results in an extremely hard glaze, whose resistance to abrasion is superior to other materials like vitreous china, bone china or stoneware. Hard porcelain tableware is easy to clean and offers thus excellent hygienic properties because of its long lasting very smooth and non-adhesive glaze surface.
In contrast to open porous materials like stoneware for instance, porcelain with its low porosity offers the possibility to remove deposits of germs or bacteria easily and quickly, as they cannot “hide” in pores.
On top of that porcelain’s heat conductivity is low due to its density and mineralogical composition. Neither tempered glass nor metal can store prewarmed heat as long as porcelain. The formation of heat-sensitive viruses is curbed, whereas they would survive longer at lower temperatures.
It is not a coincidence that hard porcelain has always been the material predominantly used in food service, because durability and resistance are not the only characteristics that make hard porcelain the perfect choice for the hospitality industry.
Comprehensive service valued by customers
A complete, first-class service and logistics package awaits you as a Bauscher customer. The Bauscher sales team and our local sales partners are available to assist you personally right from the planning phase. Our experts coordinate their recommendations precisely with the respective conditions at your site.
- Expert advice
- Rapid response
- Extensive product portfolio
- Long-term product availability
- Individual décor service
- High levels of delivery quality and reliability
All of these services are backed by our qualified staff, state-of-theart manufacturing and logistics processes, and over 135 years of experience as specialists in professional porcelain. Our high quality standards have one clear goal in every area: your satisfaction
- Highly automated decoration and logistics center
- Up to 10 million pieces decorated per year
- Flexible, fast order management using state-of-the-art IT systems
- Deliveries within 48 hours using fully automated transport systems and paperless processing